Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lab B2: Jump Rope Finale

Sadly Lab B2 was the last of our class teaching jump rope skills. With in learning how to teach our jump rope skills we also became much better at jump roping. If you dont think about it you may not realize that in the process of us becoming better teachers by learning how to teach our given skills we became much more proficent in jump roping itself. You learn just as much from teaching as you do from being taught.




In this lab i further progressed in some areas of my teaching. I moved around the gym more giving more congruent feedback and also increased the activity time of my lesson. cutting down on instruction time was one of my goals. Having a goal for every lesson is important so i don't try to fix everything at once because that can lead to missing them all. Of course there is always room for improvement.

Next lab my main goal will be to slow down when i give instructions. I try to speak a mile a minute and get every detail and word i think of out there to help the class. I need to slow down and be selective with my words to give the best instruction. I also want to project my voice more when giving feedback so i can be anywhere in the gym and students on the other side can here my feedback so they know i am paying attention.

My time coding form can be found here.
Also my feedback form to the class can be found here

On an end note jump roping was a lot of fun. As seen here above there are thousands of ways to jump rope and adding the freedom of personality into a lesson is always a good thing. Now it is time for Lab C which i am excited for and am anxious to teach.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment